Second Annual Open House at Collins Marsh Nature Center
Join us on Sunday, July 10th from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM as we celebrate “gratefulness” at our second annual open house at Collins Marsh Nature Center. There are so many people and organizations that have helped us grow and we wish acknowledge what they have done.
We will be offering the following:
- Electric six-seat transport tours on our trails to view birds and plants
- Discussing our 1,925 native plants for our native plant garden
- Viewing our host and nectar gardens featuring 5 different species of butterflies
- Observing the martin house with our first four martin families
- Watching the caterpillars in our Monarch Abode
- Viewing birds with our expert birders
- Making bird feeders with kids
- Observing birds at the bird feeders
- Creating a bird mural/collage
- Painting gourds for bird nests
- Learn how to use Merlin to identify birds
- Climb the tower
- Lemonade in the nature center
- Hopefully view some snakes common to Manitowoc County (they will not be loose)
- Enjoying nature.
The dates and information listed here are subject to change. Please call to verify dates and details.